Monday, January 18, 2010

Weekly Wrap-up

Last week went amazingly well yet again. I'd love to be able to get back to our nature studies, but as of yet we just haven't found the time. That's the only thing we didn't get to last week. I can work that in once the schedule gets more routine. For now, I'm focusing on keeping us on task and moving towards completion each week.

We began our new family Bible study last week led by Daddy at nights. We're doing Genesis through Deuteronomy: Ancient Egypt by SCM. The kids are really loving this and it's even more special because Daddy's leading it. They love having Daddy teach them. He's a great Bible teacher and he's not Mommy! lol! I guess they are too used to my voice all day! ;) Dd7 is still meeting our sweet ladies from church at the library each Thursday to learn to knit. She's doing quite well, and she loves it. Of course the ladies love having her in there. She mentioned that she'd received some knitting books for Christmas and they asked her to bring them and share them next week. It's one of the more special times of the week.

Ds5 is really coming along in his reading. I'm so proud of him and his desire to stick with it, even though it's very hard to decode the words. He's a smart boy. And he's very proud that he's doing most of his work with Sissy.

This is one fact that I'm most proud of as well. Everything but math and language is done together in our school. I believe this is the main reason our school's running so much more smoothly than last year. I was splitting the kids up way too much. One of the biggest blessings in homeschooling is that my family is together. So I love having them all learning the same thing and discussing it together. The kids learn just as much from their siblings as they do from me.

1 comment:

  1. What a blessing to be able to have almost all of your studies together. This is what home schooling is all about, being together as a family.

    ReplyDelete