Wednesday, April 7, 2010

A Heart That Prays

While doing my quiet time this morning I came across this poem in the book I'm reading (it's my favorite book ever, btw). Elizabeth George, in A Woman After God's Own Heart, is writing about how to have a heart overflowing with "Motherly Affection". She says, "beginning each day by praying for your children benefits them in countless ways even as it draws them deeper into your heart". May we all be women with "motherly affection" for our children and remember to pray for them daily!



Some have had kings in their lineage,
Some to whom honor was paid.
Not blest of my ancestors-but,
I have a mother who prays.

I have a mother who prays for me
And pleads with the Lord every day for me.
Oh what a difference it makes for me-
I have a mother who prays.

Some have worldly success
And trust in the riches they've made-
This is my surest asset,
I have a mother who prays.

My mother's prayers cannot save me,
Only mine can avail;
But mother introduced me to Someone-
Someone who never could fail.

Oh yes...I have a mother who prays for me
And pleads with teh Lord every day for me.
O what a difference it makes for me-
I have a mother who prays.

-Author Unknown

1 comment: