We have decided to go on and begin our summer schedule. The wonderful sunshine and nice breeze we've been having recently has called us outdoors many many times and since we live in the deep South we are enjoying it while we can. I know that all too soon that horrible heat will find it's way to our home and we'll be cooped up yet again until after 5 in the afternoon. So, with that said, we spend most of our time outdoors. I love it. We even do school outside a lot of times. Most of the time they just pretend play and make up games...kids just being kids. I hate that most of my friend's children are still stuck inside a classroom in the local public school. By the time school lets out for summer it's already way too hot to play outside. Ah, the joys of homeschooling.
Our summer schedule consists of our most fun things and things I need to catch up on. We're not done with Saxon 3 yet for Dd7 so we'll be finishing that up this summer. We're also digging a little deeper into Ancient Egypt, Ancient Rome, and Ancient Greece. We are loving this history section and we're spending a lot more time on it than I had planned. No problem though, another joy of homeschooling. We will also continue with our Astronomy science and finish that up. The kids love history and science so that's our main focus. We also will continure with a literature selection daily. Right now it's PollyAnna. They're loving this one. Dd7 is independently reading The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe as well. It seems like a lot but it's a good mix of things, I believe. When the heat of the summer arrives we may add the rest back in since we'll be inside longer. But then again, it IS summer... ;)
Jill
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





Thanks for sharing your summer plans. It's always interesting to see what others have planned.
ReplyDeleteTammy
Hope you are having a wonderful Summer.
ReplyDelete