Friday, September 18, 2009

Scripture Memory and Copywork


Scripture memory and copywork have been going together hand in hand recently in our homeschool. I have learned that sometimes it's easier to have dd7 copy something that she's already learning. The way we learn scripture is by printing off a Bible verse and placing it inside a plastic sheet in a 3 ring binder. I have certain days that I go over different verses but we always recited at least 10 verses a day. I've even noticed ds5 memorizing a lot of scripture this way, without our even asking him too. For copywork I have dd7 write parts of the poem we're currently learning (right now it's Robert Frost, The Road Not Taken) or she copies different verses from our scripture notebook. She is really getting great with her handwriting and her memorization always continues to amaze me!

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea of a notebook for scripture learning. I think I see a new notebook in our homeschooling.

    ReplyDelete