This was a fun week. This was week three and we're finally getting everything down pat. We got off schedule first thing Monday morning with Dr's appts. for the girls. Don't worry, they were just check-ups. But still, there was little else done that day! Oh, well. But we quickly made up for everything on Tues., Wed., and Thurs. Our little schedule is coming along nicely.
We wake up at a nice leisurely time, no rushing trying to get ready first thing. That's my favorite part about homeschooling! We eat breakfast together (unless one of the kids is still asleep but we're all usually done with breakfast by 8:30). We have group time first. This is where we say the pledge, sing the National Anthem (I decided they needed to go ahead and learn it this year), and sing our Fruits of the Spirit song. My dd2 joins in on this. While we're singing she dances and runs around the schoolroom table. I love it and we usually start cracking up so hard we can barely finish the song. We do our books of the Bible and our Bible story, followed by our Bible verses. Then, I have dd7 draw a picture of the Bible story while I do Explode the Code phonics with ds5. DD7 then moves onto her language book and handwriting and copywork while I do math with ds5.
By this time ds5 is done with school. He sometimes listens in on the afternoon reads, but other times I just let him play. Whichever he prefers that day. Before we take our break dd7 does her math. We then break for lunch and playtime/chores. The kids have a chore chart that they're working very hard on. We have a surprise vacation coming up in Dec. and they have no idea. But I told them that they needed to start earning money for Christmas and they're having lots of fun helping Mommy out. I'm loving it too. We'll see how long it lasts! lol!
Our afternoon reads consist of our AO reading, our History of the World (Mon and Wed) and our Apologia astronomy (on Tues. and Thurs). We also do Meet the Masters Art on Thurs morning.
So far this is all I can get in. I must admit that sometimes the afternoon reads get done on different days but even if I have to read on the weekend I'm trying to stick to the schedule this year. I fell behind last year.
Our nature study and artist study hasn't found a place yet but that's my goal for this next month. It may be on Friday afternoons after my dd7 gets home from her enrichment school. That would work nicely.
Well, I'm off to cook supper. I hope everyone has a very blessed weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





This sounds like a nice schedule. Thanks for sharing. I keep saying we will do our Bible together, but the twins are not ready just yet. But, singing and dancing to some Bible songs might be nice. Also, I like the pledge and books of the Bible. I think we can add those. We do playtime devotionals for the twins in the am. Everything else has to wait til the twins nap time. Again thanks for the ideas. Many blessings.
ReplyDeleteThanks! It's by no means perfect, nor complete. I'm still trying to fit a few things in, yet I don't want the day to seem packed or rushed. There's a hard line to walk! My kids (all, even dd2) do love the Pledge, singing the Am. Anthem, My Country Tis of Thee, the books of Bible and Fruits of Spirit. Add your own, just make it fun!
ReplyDelete