Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Week 2 begins

With an unexpected trip out of town at the end of last week we were able to take homeschooling on the road. Isn't that one of the very best things about homeschooling? You learn wherever you are! My husband's grandmother passed away (which is wonderful since she's now with our Heavenly Father and free from the Alzheimers that has imprisoned her for so long) and we traveled to North Alabama last Friday. The visitation wasn't until late Sat. afternoon so we visited a hands on science museum in Huntsville on Saturday morning. Oh, the kids had so much fun exploring and learning. Even my baby joined in the fun.



Since the funeral ended late Sun. afternoon we didn't want to make a 5+ hour trip right then. Plus, I've always wanted to do one very important thing in Huntsville, AL and I've never been able to do it...visit the SPACE and ROCKET CENTER! Oh, I felt like a kid again. You should have seen my ds5! HE WAS IN HEAVEN! We got out and he was running around saying, "Mom take a picture of this! Mom take a picture of that! Mom do you see that?" We stayed all day and had so much fun. Don't worry, there are many pictures. They'll be on here soon!

I had planned to begin our Apologia Exploring Creation series with the Botany book. But after this trip the kids and I unanimously voted to switch our science study for this year to Astronomy. As soon as I got home last night I ordered the new book and we can't wait to begin it. I even found out from one of my yahoo groups that there will be a meteor shower tomorrow night. How much fun! I love how the Lord gently guides us in our homeschooling endeavor and in our everyday life. I thank Him that He called me to homeschool and is with me each day. I thank God that He is the focal point of our school and the kids are free to learn about Him and His works. Isn't that what life is all about...praising Him, seeking Him, and following Him! Now I'm off to teach those precious angels of His!

No comments:

Post a Comment